Thanks for visiting!
Who am I?
* I received my BA in Theater from California State Long Beach, the primary focus on play-writing and directing.
* I taught high school and college English for nine years and currently work as a private writing and study skills tutor.
* I pound the keys four days a week, two to three hours a day, without fail.
* I write both Adult and Young Adult novels.
* I am blessed to have an amazing literary agent.
Who am I outside of work?
* The happy wife of a designer.
* The middle child in a family of all girls (You're a champ, Dad!).
* A lover of all that is newsworthy, historic, musical, heart-warming, kitty-catish, or super-duper weird.
* A traveler who enjoys a hefty backpack slung over her shoulder and a chunk of cheese to eat on the train.
What I am working on NOW:
* Marketing & Touring with Upside Down in a Laura Ingalls Town
* Outlining a new YA to begin September, 2016.
* Agent currently shopping one of my adult novels
Laughter, nature, kindness, diligence, open-mindedness, pro-activity, physical and mental exercise, honesty (including with oneself). Oh, and facial hair. On my hubby, that is!
Litter-bugs, whiners, mean girls (and boys), lazy asses, those who say they want the world to change, then sit on their duffs waiting for change to happen, and then complain when it doesn't!
Random junk you may not know about me, and honestly may not care enough to read:
* At nineteen I moved from Maryland to California to become an actress.
* By twenty-one I had become an award-winning waitress.
* I did not discover I was a writer until the age of thirty-four and a half.
* I escaped the Wild West for the Sleepy South for artistic inspiration and sweet tea.
* I love playing the violin or piano...when no one is listening!
* If I wasn't married, I'd have ten cats. Though that is merely a rough estimate.
* My very first novel hides in my closet and has never been seen by my agent.
* I have never EVER had writer's block. I swear.
Listen to this fun podcast discussing my women's fiction novel, GAGA!
Check out this television interview where I discuss my Young Adult novel, Upside Down in a Laura Ingalls Town (forward to 30:30).
Other cool places you can find me: